Saturday, May 22, 2010

Book-Binge

So....I've been on a regular book bender the last few days. Bringing home a grand total of twelve new books from the local library's regular book store, their bi-annual clearance sale (two visits) and a rummage sale. I've scored a first edition Agatha Christie, a first edition of Helen Reilly (a lesser-known American myster writer from the Golden Age), a hard-back British edition of a Josephine Bell novel that I have with the American title, an older version of Josephine Tey's The Singing Sands, and several new-to-me authors that just had to come home with me. And I didn't just stick to mysteries...I also brought home Middlemarch by George Eliot and The Nature of Longing (short stories) by Alyce Miller. That makes for even more "too many" books to try and read in too little time. Sigh. But, just try and keep me from buying more books....ask Brad, he knows better.


No comments: