Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading?, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what your are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
The Strange Return of Sherlock Holmes by Barry Grant
Penhallow by Georgette Heyer

(Not quite as good a week as usual. Penhallow seemed to take forever....)

Reading Now:
Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer. Bed, Breakfast, and Murder: It wasn't the lack of modern conveniences that made a summer spent at the ancient priory mansion such an unsettling experience. It was the ghost...or whatever was groaning in the cellars and roaming the countryside around Framely Village after dark. But traditionally ghosts don't commit murder. And in this case, the things that go bump in the night are flesh and blood...and deadly.

Books that spark my interest:
A Blunt Instrument by Georgette Heyer (more for my Georgette Heyer Challenge)
A Foreign Affair by Caro Peacock
Death in Hellfire by Deryn Lake
Behold, a Mystery! by Joan Smith (which...if it takes long enough to get there, could count towards the Christmas Challenge, it's set in Regency England at Christmas time)

And I'm still waiting impatiently for Nov 26th so I can start the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge. Looking forward to:
A Christmas Carol & Other Christmas Writings by Charles Dickens
Mistletoe Mysteries collected by Charlotte MacLeod
Christmas Stalkings collected by Charlotte MacLeod
A Christmas Grace by Anne Perry

12 comments:

Marce said...

You got me this week, unsure of those choices, look forward to your reviews.

My Post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great picks for your Christmas reading challenge. I have way to much going on but I will happily cheer for you on the sidelines!

Bev Hankins said...

@Sheila: Thanks for the cheers!

Jennifer said...

You have some really good Heyer books coming up. Have a wonderful week! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-14.html

The1stdaughter said...

You know, I've never read any of the classic Christmas books and your mention of them got me thinking I should do that some time soon. I hope you enjoy them!

Have a fabulous reading week, a Happy Thanksgiving (if it applies ;o) ) and if you have a second take a look at what I’ve been reading at There’s A Book.

Jan von Harz said...

Looks like a great week and plans for another, enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, Christmas books! I never seem to get around to them, but that's probably because I don't have any on my stacks. Maybe I'll pick one up on special.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Audra said...

I loved A Foreign Affair! I hope you enjoy if you end up getting to it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're on a great Heyer streak. I have yet to read any of her stuff, partly because I just don't know where to start!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

It looks like you've got a few Christmas books picked out... I'm hoping to read one or two Christmas books in the run-up, but not sure which ones to go for.

BLHmistress said...

Behold A Mystery sounds interesting , Happy Reading

This week Here

Barb said...

Hi There!
I like your choices this week! I'm also doing a Christmas reading challenge so drop by my blog and see my Christmas reading list (or at least part of it!)