Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.

*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser

Here's mine from The House of Paper by Carlos María Domínguez (p. 12):

Every year I give away at least fifty of them to my students, yet I still cannot avoid putting in another double row of shelves; the books are advancing silently, innocently through my house. There is no way I can stop them.

4 comments:

fredamans said...

Awesome teaser!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Julie @ Read Handed said...

I can definitely relate. Except for the whole giving books away part - not my babies! If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

Gigi Ann said...

Oh, I know the feeling, the books are silently, innocently advancing through my house also. I love that teaser. I need to put this book on my TBR list.

Anonymous said...

Of course you hit your target audience on the nose with this one. :) Well done.