Saturday, June 28, 2014

Vintage Mystery PSA and Mid-Year Checkpoint



 
Greetings, Vintage Mystery Challengers! I thought it might be a good idea to check in and see how your game of Bingo is going and to give a brief explanation of my plans for prizes this year.  Since there are two levels of automatic prizes: At Least Two Bingos (prize vault pick) and Cover the Card (which includes the prize vault pick as well as a bonus for doing all categories on a card), I plan on waiting until the end of the year to send out prizes.  That way if you cover a card, I can send you both prizes in one mailing. Here's the plan: Keep your eyes peeled in late December for the wrap-up post linky. When it goes up, link up your post. In your wrap-up post I will want to know how many Bingos you completed and whether you also covered at least one card with a list of the books and the squares they fulfill. (If you have any questions about whether a book counts, please ask well before the end of the challenge.) I will also want to know when you fulfilled the minimum two Bingo requirement. The prize list will be offered in order of fulfillment--not order of link up. If you don't have a blog, then you'll need to post a comment at the wrap-up post at the end of the year that meets the wrap-up requirements.  

Here is a link to my Challenge Commitment Fulfilled post to give you an example for logging your Bingos for the wrap-up.  You will see that the books that count for more than one bingo are listed for each one. If you cover a card, you will only need to list each book once to show that every square was filled. I will post a reminder of these wrap-up rules at the end of the year.

And...now for the checkpoint. How are things going out there? I've heard some shouts of Bingo! and I've managed to peek in here and there on reviews, but I'd love to see some comments that give a brief run-down of progress among the Bingo players.  I'm closing in on a third Bingo on the Silver card and have squares filled in all over the Gold card in addition to two Bingos. I think I'll manage to cover both cards by the end of the year....

6 comments:

J F Norris said...

I've only got seven more in the Golden Age to cover my card. I have yet to get one Bingo on the Silver Age card. Only read eleven books for that one. Time to kick it into high gear with the Silver Age books and writers.

Bev Hankins said...

You're rockin' the Golden Age card, John. As you should. I've got another Silver Age book on tap at the moment.

srivalli said...

I got two bingos in the golden card. One more book for a third bingo. And one more book for a bingo in silver card. Haven't reviewed any. Feeling lazy. May review it before the end of the year.

Bev Hankins said...

Doing great, srivalli!

Landslide said...

My goal is to make one bingo in the golden card and, so far, I've read two books. So, four more to go!

Ryan said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get around to signing up this year, but I'm already getting ready for next year.